The Department of Augmented Reality Protection was established in November 2011 to address the growing need for policy regarding the knowledge, monitoring, preparedness and protection of augmented reality. DARP's mission is to collaboratively create the expertise, information, and tools that people and communities need to protect augmented reality through preparedness, monitoring and regulation. DARP is implementing a strong national program providing vital AR protection information and infrastructure including:
- Establishing DARP monitoring stations in all states and territories of the United States of America
- Implemeting 24/7 monitoring of AR via NASA MARS RovAR.
- Providing Alerts, Advisories and Updates:
- DARP alert - Conveys the highest level of importance; warrants immediate action or attention.
- DARP advisory - Provides important information for a specific incident or situation; may not require immediate action.
- DARP update - Provides updated information regarding an incident or situation; unlikely to require immediate action.
- DARP Information service - Provides general information that is not necessarily considered to be of an emergent nature.
- Ongoing policy development for AR Emergency Response and Preparedness
- Community Outreach training and education programs
- Online information and resource hub providing tools and expertise to the community
For further information about DARP's mision or national programs, please contact email@example.com